CTCA supports local health department (LHD) TB Programs and California Department of Public Health (CDPH) TB Control Branch (TBCB) working together to develop and share strategies to improve TB care and prevention in California. This partnership ensures collaborative and effective policies and practices across California.
CTCA is volunteer led, with an elected Executive Committee (EC), made up of
CTCA supports committees and workgroups in each of these areas.
Additional ongoing work includes:
- An annual educational conference in the Fall, and two TB Controllers Meetings, each year, Fall and Spring. Our upcoming events and archived meeting materials are located under Events. Alternating between Northern California in odd numbered years and Southern California in even ones. This conference presents the latest advances in TB care and prevention and provides relied upon networking opportunities for experts and those new to TB programming.
- Guidance, co-producing and updating Guidelines and Fact Sheets with CDPH TBCB staff, as needs determine and resources allow. Resources not being updated are available on the Additional Resources page.
- Additional resources shared on this website include:
- Resources for CIVIL SURGEONS, other private medical PROVIDERS and PATIENTS
- Responsibilities of Public Health Departments to Control Tuberculosis (updated 6-24-13)
- A growing Toolbox of resources for public health TB programs, including California TB Legal Resources for public health departments
- And a Directory of TB Program Staff in California
Any questions? Feel free to contact us!