The California TB Controllers Association (CTCA) supports the work local health department (LHD) TB Program staff and California Department of Public Health (CDPH) TB Control Branch (TBCB) staff do together to develop and share policy and practice improvements in TB care and prevention in California. This partnership ensures collaborative and effective TB care and prevention across California.
CTCA is volunteer led. The Executive Committee (EC), is made up of
Ongoing work includes:
- An annual educational conference in the Fall, and two TB Controllers Meetings, each year, Fall and Spring. Our upcoming events and archived meeting materials are located under Events. Alternating between Northern California in odd numbered years and Southern California in even ones. This conference presents the latest advances in TB care and prevention and provides relied upon networking opportunities for experts and those new to TB programming.
- Guidance, co-producing and updating Guidelines and Fact Sheets with CDPH TBCB staff, as needs determine and resources allow. Resources not being updated are available on the Additional Resources page.Additional resources:
- Resources for CIVIL SURGEONS, other private medical PROVIDERS and PATIENTS
- An overview of the Responsibilities of Public Health Departments to Control Tuberculosis (updated 6-24-13) was created to clarify what public health does on TB to invite health pans and private medical providers to partner with us to care for TB patients and prevent TB disease in their patient populations.
- A growing Toolbox of resources for public health TB programs, including California TB Legal Resources for public health departments
- And a Directory of TB Program Staff in California
Any questions? Feel free to contact us!