CDPH-CTCA Joint Guidance and Related Guidelines
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Tuberculosis Control Branch (TBCB) and California Tuberculosis (TB) Controllers Association (CTCA) Joint Guidelines and Fact Sheets below are developed by representatives from the state and local health department TB control programs as needed by California. CTCA member and CDPH-TBCB have endorsed these guidelines for use in California.
These guidelines do not cover every aspect of TB control. Clinicians should refer to national guidelines for subject areas not included below.
Modifying this guidance for local use requires the removal of logos and footers, and acknowledging the source document/s.
Guidance not being reviewed and updated, due to resource limitations, are now posted on the Additional Resources tab.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- Latent Tuberculosis Infection Guidance for Preventing Tuberculosis In California, revised June 2019
The CDC published two LTBI resources in 2020:
– Guidelines for the Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection: Recommendations from the National Tuberculosis Controllers
Association and CDC, Feb. 14, 2020
– LTBI: A Guide for Primary Health Care Providers, July 2020
- Supplement to the ATS/CDC/IDSA 2016 Guidelines for the Treatment of Drug Susceptible Tuberculosis, 2019
The ATS/CDC/IDSA 2016 TB Treatment Guidelines are also linked on the CDC Guidelines page of this website.
TB treatment regimens, including the new short course treatment: https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/treatment/tbdisease.htm
- Actions and Best Practices for Diagnosis and Treatment of Tuberculosis (TB) and Latent TB Infection (LTBI), Revised February 2023