Career SeekersJob Openings
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) TB Control Branch (TBCB) is hiring Two Nurse Consultants, descriptions follow:
CDPH TBCB Nurse TB Prevention Consultant, posted 6/22/23
The position is located at the California Department of Public Health Tuberculosis Control Branch (TBCB) in Richmond, CA. Note: This is 1 year contract that offers full benefits (medical, dental, vision, including retirement &pension eligibility). Extension of contract may be possible, pending funding availability.
- Provide technical expertise related to TB, with particular focus on latent TB infection (LTBI), to medical providers and public health community
- Develop and review health educational materials to be used with patients and communities at risk for LTBI
- Draft content for grant documents and reports needed to maintain funding for TB prevention work
- Participate in the design and delivery of trainings on LTBI for medical providers
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- At least three years of work experience in one of the following areas:
a) clinical infectious disease or infection control practice (as a healthcare provider)
b) clinical preventative health or chronic disease management (as a healthcare provider), or
c) public health practice (as a professional at a local health department or state health department).
- Valid California RN license, ability to practice nursing in the state of California
- Ability to rapidly develop content expertise in latent tuberculosis infection and tuberculosis disease prevention and control, including policies, clinical guidelines, epidemiology, patient care, and issues.
- Highly developed skills and expertise in organizational and project management.
- Ability to direct projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with and advise management and staff, including all types of medical providers.
- Strong diplomacy skills and ability to develop strong working relationships with external agencies, partners, institutions, and community groups.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communications with the ability produce high-quality reports, documentation, and presentations.
- Proven ability to work with management and staff across departments and to serve as an information resource for stakeholders across the state, providing advice and recommendations on complex issues of functionality, clinical quality, efficiency, and program development.
- Masters of Public Health
- Expertise in infectious diseases, infection prevention, and/or public health programming
- Demonstrated interest and experience in health education (for patients or communities) and/or healthcare worker training.
- Public Health Nursing Certificate
Nurse Consultant, posted 6/9/23
This nurse consultant will to work with the Program Development Section and the California Multidrug Resistant (MDR) TB service, providing programmatic, clinical, and case management support to local TB programs, along with participating in state-wide policy and initiatives in supporting TB elimination and control. The job description can be found below and interested applicants can view the application here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=6495&siteid=5861#jobDetails=3419909_5861
The position will be headquartered in Richmond, CA, and the recruitment will remain open until filled. Feel free to share this opportunity with anyone that might be interested and candidates are welcome to contact Chris Keh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with additional questions.
To protect and improve the health of all, the California Department of Public Health’s Tuberculosis Control Branch (TBCB) provides leadership and resources to prevent and control tuberculosis (TB). The vision of the Tuberculosis Control Branch is to speed the decline of TB morbidity and mortality.
As a technical expert in TB control, the nurse consultant will provide clinical and case management consultation for patients with TB to ensure the best chance for cure for each case, to minimize adverse effects, and to halt the transmission of TB in California. The incumbent will be part of a multidisciplinary program liaison team for a broad geographic region within the state that focuses on assisting and strengthening local TB programs in TB prevention and control. In addition, they will also serve as a nurse consultant for the California Multidrug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR TB) service. In addition, they will also serve as a nurse consultant for the California Multidrug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR TB) service.
- Provides technical expertise related to TB care and case management.
- Consults with a variety of health care providers, local health jurisdictions, laboratories, hospitals and staff to ensure quality of care for TB patients.
- Develops and interprets complex policies and clinical guidelines and objectives related to the control of TB.
- Leads projects related to the provision of services for TB patients.
- Analyzes licensing and practice policy issues for clinicians and allied health professionals.
- Conducts onsite evaluations of local health department TB programs, develops and coordinates effective action plans with the local health departments to meet the performance standards and metrics of the TB Indicators Project and other state and national objectives.
- Gathers and analyzes epidemiologic, programmatic and clinical data, and updates TB and Multi-drug resistant TB (MDR-TB) protocols, project reports, data collection tools and templates and training modules, as needed.
Contact us with a request to post a job and position information.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.