TB Free California: Here We Come! AgendasThe agendas are under development but are posted here, in draft, for travel approval purposes. The final agendas will be posted in advance of the conferences and meetings.
Draft Agenda (12/05/19)
10:00 I. Review of Agenda and Introductions
10:15 II. TB Control Branch (TBCB), CDPH
12:00 Hosted Lunch Break
12:30 III. Hot Topics
ORR. Kirsten Buckley (available) (30 Minutes)
Workforce. Activity 6 – Case Management Guidelines (30 Minutes)
- Invite DPHN president/representative to talk about the state of Public Health Nursing in California, and long term workforce development.
- Discuss role of PHNs/RNs/LVNs and Unlicensed professionals in various settings at different jurisdictions. Since PHNs are not required in statute for TB Control, how can we strengthen the PHN/RN Case Manager workforce/succession planning?
- Update on NTCA TB Nurse Certificate?
Effective TB Control Programs/Micro-Elimination
Table 2 Intervention 7A.
- As we move towards micro-elimination and lose expertise about TB in rural/small/low burden jurisdictions, how can we leverage telemedicine? How is telemedicine already being used in TB Control programs or other health department programs (outside of Telehealth for VDOT)?
- Use Sacramento Region as a model of a Regional Chest Clinic (Would need to get their approval. Yolo/Placer have MOU’s with Sacramento Chest Clinic for different levels of service).
- Active (x/100,000)
- LTBI (%)
- How can we recognize counties that reach microelimination
- Color coded map for Active microelimination, LTBI microelimination
- Would this be the same page as the Death Counter
- Timelines/Guiding strategy
Education and Outreach, CDC invited
Telemedicine resources and programs, NACCHO report shared, Invite someone from NACCHO?
4:15 IV. Business Item
2019 Fall TB Controller Meeting Minutes VOTE
3:20 VI. Items from the Floor
3:50 VII. Review of Action Items
May 5, 2020
TB Free California: Here We Come!
8:45 Welcome, Riverside Health Officer Cameron Kaiser, MD and Susan Strong, NP, CTCA President and TB Controller, San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
Moderator AM Plenary Sessions: Shereen Katrak, MD, MPH, Medical Officer, Tuberculosis Control Branch (TBCB), California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
9:00 Zero TB Cities Project (title may change)
Tom Nicholson, MIDP, Co-founder Advance Access and Delivery
10:00 California, TB Elimination Landscape
Pennan Barry, MD, MPH, Chief, Surveillance and Epidemiology Section (SES), TBCB, CDPH
11:00 AM Break
11:30 Moving TB prevention cascade forward in a large primary care setting
Jacek Skarbinski, MD, Infectious Diseases and HIV Specialist, and Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education Program Director, Kaiser Permanente, Northern Callifornia
12:30 Awards Luncheon
1:30 Breakout Sessions (Non-repeating)
A. Civil Surgeon Outreach and Reporting
Moderator & Faculty: Varsha Hampole, MPH, Surveillance and Informatics Coordinator, SES, TBCB, CDPH
Additional Faculty: Santa Clara County Representatives TBD
B. Homelessness Challenges for TB Care and Prevention
Moderator: John A. Jereb, MD FAAP, Medical Officer, Field Services Branch, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC DTBE)
Sapna Bahram Morris, MD, MBA, Internist, Infectious Disesase, Medical Officer, CDC DTBE, and Volunteer and Executive Member of Healthcare for the Homelessness
Shameer Poonja, MPH, Public Health Advisor, Field Services and Evaluation Branch, LACDPH, CDC DTBE
Veronica Pehl, MSN, RN, APHN-BC, Communicable Disease Program Manager, San Joaquin Public Health Services
Stephanie Spencer, CDPH TBCB
C. Case Management: Updated Resources, Medical Management, Complicated Co-morbiditidities
Moderator: Leslie Henry, RN, PHN, Program Liaison and Nurse Consultant, Program Development Section, TBCB CDPH
Faculty: Jenny Hernandez, RN, PHN, TB Control Program, San Bernardino County DPH
2:45 PM Break
Moderator PM Plenary: Susan Strong, NP, CTCA President and TB Controller San Bernardino County
3:15 Cure TB, The Expanded Role
Kathleen Moser, MD, US-Mexico Unit, Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ) CDC
3:45 Geriatric TB, Caring for these Complicated Cases
Andrea Polesky, MD, PhD, Medical Director, Santa Clara County Tuberculosis and Refugee Clinic
4:45 – Adjourn
5:15-6:15 (See Case Radiograph Session Agenda)