World TB Day (WTBD) - March 24thMaterials from past WTBD events below.
On March 24, 1882, Dr. Robert Koch’s discovery of the TB bacillus. One hundred years later, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Union Against TB and Lung Disease (IUATLD) celebrated the 100th anniversary of this landmark in the fight against TB, establishing March 24th as an annual opportunity to call attention to the devastation TB still causes, and the commitment it will take to end TB.
- I. Introduction
- II. About World Tuberculosis Day
- III. Theme and Key Messages 2020
- IV. Light Up the World Campaign
- V. Social Media Campaign
- VI. Timeline for Posting Social Media Content
- VII. Legislative Campaign
- VIII. Additional Resources
- IX. About the California Tuberculosis Controllers Association Communications Committee
- X. Acknowledgements
World TB Day 2020: Stay Tuned for Updates!